Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 3 at National Chung Cheng University

Another day in Taiwan...Another day of tennis. Yesterday, I woke up and had a very nice breakfast buffet at the hotel again and got ready to practice at 9:30am. The weather was decent, still hot and humid, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have been adjusting quite well to the weather and Aaron and my coach were impressed how quickly I adjusted from the first day. I think it has to do with my fitness because I am able to stay out there in the humidity and not feel like dying. I am very happy about that. When we arrived at the tennis courts we saw a couple of university players there ready to play with us. Aaron and I were so happy to see them because we really wanted to play with other people. I got to play a set against a girl from the National Chung Cheng University. She was a very decent player but I played extremely well and beat her 6-2. I was very happy with the result of the set. It gave me a lot of confidence for the future matches at the Olympics Games.

The National Chung Cheng University player and me

After tennis, I looked around campus and took a few pictures of the different sports facilities that the other USA athletes are training. Here are a few pictures...

Swimming Pool

Gym (Basketball,Wrestling,Volleyball,Martial Arts)

Soccer Field


Track and Field Stadium

Track and Field

Aaron and I were so excited that it didn't rain during the afternoon so we were able to have an afternoon practice. We got to play some mixed doubles against the University players. Unfortunately, the mixed doubles match was terrible. The opponents we played were very solid and we couldn't get anything in the court. We both are hoping for better results tomorrow against different players. Once the match was over, it started to rain again. I think I could be the weather girl in Taiwan. Good morning Taiwan! Morning sun, afternoon rain! That's all for the weather. Thanks for tuning in to Weather girl Jen... Haha! We headed back to the hotel for a quick dinner and I was up in bed by 8:30pm. I was exhausted. Another fun filled day awaits...




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny!

    Your mom just shared your blog and I just read the entire thing! You look amazing! I will have to let Karina know she did good! What a neat experience, I am so excited for you! Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best of luck. Be safe and have so much fun!

    Kari - WAC office

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! OF COURSE your fitness is the reason you are adjusting to the heat and humidity so well. Don't you remember those days when it was killer temps outside, but I still made you run hills? How about the day we went to the park and made it in to our own boot camp training ground? All those hours of hard work are paying off. You put in the time, now you are reaping the rewards. Stay focused. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete