Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cheering for my country!

I was so happy to have the day off of tennis today because Aaron and I were able to watch Kyle wrestle and the USA men's basketball game. All the USA athletes are competing at different times and different days so it was nice to spend the day being a fan instead of an athlete. This morning, Aaron and I went to watch our friend Kyle wrestle against a guy from Russia. The type of wrestling that Kyle competed in was called Roman-greco which is wrestling from the waist up. You can't wrestle using your legs so it is more difficult to wrestle in this style. Kyle had a very tough opponent and he lost his match but he was able to go for the Bronze in another match. Unfortunately, he lost the bronze title match and got 4th at the Olympics. Still, WAY TO GO KYLE! After wrestling, I went back to the hotel to relax and have dinner. Then Aaron and I went to watch USA men's basketball compete against Israel. It was a packed house at the basketball arena. The USA team played great and beat Israel 101-68. It was a lot of fun to watch! I was able to videotape the wrestling match and basketball game. Here below are some pictures:

The wrestling facility

The basketball facility

Team USA in white against Israel


Tomorrow(Wednesday) I have another big day of tennis. Aaron and I have our mixed doubles quarterfinal match! I look forward in playing tennis again.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment