Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last day of practice in Chiayi City

Yesterday was the last day of tennis practice at the National Chung Cheng University training site. We had a morning practice session and an afternoon practice session. It was just the two of us hitting and we worked a lot on serves and returns as well as volleys. In the morning practice session we just worked on polishing our serves and placement of returns. I was having a tough time returning serves on the backhand side during the mixed doubles match so I had Aaron hit serves to my backhand. It was a good, hard practice and I felt that we accomplished a lot after the morning practice.

Aaron and I decided to go to McDonald's for lunch which is just across the hotel. I had a fish sandwich and Aaron had a chicken sandwich. It was quite delicious, almost tasted the same as back in America.

McDonald's in Chiayi City


We had a short afternoon practice where we worked on serving and volleying with overheads. We did this drill where I serve and volley and Aaron feeds me 3 balls as I come in the net. Two volleys and one overhead. It was a very good drill and we were able to work on coming into the net for doubles. Since we only had an hour practice to work with w
e decided to focus just on one drill and I felt that we had a really good practice. We headed back to the hotel for dinner and a tennis group picture. I was in bed by 9:30pm.

Aaron and me with Coach Howard

Aaron and me


Tomorrow we decided to take the whole day off of practice. Aaron was hurting a little in his arm and we wanted to rest and refresh for 2 more practices on Friday and Saturday in Taipei, Taiwan. We leave for Taipei on Friday and Opening Ceremonies is on Saturday! I can't believe the Olympics is almost here! I am getting excited and am ready for the games! :)

Please check out the USA Deaflympics Website. There are a few articles on Tennis and there will be a video posted on the website soon.

www.usdeaflympics.com

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Jenny. I love reading the updates. The "weather girl" cmmt made me laugh out loud.

    Keep up the hard work it is almost here!

    ReplyDelete