Thursday, September 17, 2009

SUNDAY: exhibition match, basketball game, track meet and many more...

I wanted to inform everyone that I am finally home from Taiwan! I am sorry for not being able to update the blog the last couple of days but I am excited to share with you what happened.


Sunday was a very busy day. Aaron and I had things planned for the day then more new things came up and Sunday ended being a busy but really fun day! In the morning, I had an exhibition tennis match against a girl from Greece. It was fun to go out and play some tennis especially against someone that was also in the tennis tournament. It started raining that day so we ended up playing a set. I was up 5-1 against her and was very happy with how I played. She is a very nice and solid tennis player and it was nice to see that I could have done well in the tournament if I had a better draw. The match motivated me to want to continue playing tennis for the 2013 Deaflympics in Athens, Greece!

Me with the girl from Greece

After the match, Aaron and I headed back to the hotel and ordered pizza hut. It was delicious as usual! Then we got ready to watch the USA Men's Semifinal basketball game against Greece. The USA team was down the whole game until about 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter when USA took the lead. The USA team held onto the lead and won the game for a place in the final. There were plenty of chants of USA and Greece!

USA Men's Basketball (in blue) against Greece

USA Men's Basketball

The Basketball Arena in Taipei



After the basketball game, Aaron and I went to watch Track and Field. We saw the Women's 4X100 Meter Relay, Javelin and High Jump. It was fun to sit in the Taipei Stadium and watch Track. The stadium is beautiful!

The Track and Field Stadium

Track and Field Stadium


After Track, we headed back to the hotel for dinner and a movie. Aaron and I with some of the soccer players watched Bedtime Stories with a soccer player's younger siblings. It was a lot of fun! After the movie, Aaron and I with the wrestlers went out to a bar called The Brass Monkey. There were so many athletes from around the world at the bar. We had a good time. Then I was off to bed...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment