Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Got Rackets?!? It's Time for Tennis!

Tennis has officially started! On Monday, I had my first Deaflympics singles and mixed doubles matches!!! :) Overall, it was a great day. Unfortunately, I lost my singles match 6-2, 6-1 against the #1 seed who is a former Deaflympics champion. I was very happy with the way I played especially against a very solid tennis player. I just had a bad draw. There were some other players that were there that I know I can beat and it is just too bad that I drew the #1 seed first round. I can't really do much about the singles draw. On the other hand, Aaron and I won our mixed doubles match against Turkey 6-2, 6-1!!! :) We were so HAPPY!!! I never smiled so much in my life. We couldn't stop smiling all day long! It was such an awesome experience to be able to win a match at the Deaflympics! The experience being on the court with line judges and an umpire was very cool. Aaron and I played pretty good doubles. I know we can play better but I felt like we had a good match. We are in the doubles quarterfinals! Our next opponent is from Germany. They are a very solid team so we will have our hands full. But if we stay aggressive and under control and keep moving our feet we can definitely beat them! We play Germany at 12:30pm Taipei Time (11:30pm Wisconsin Time) on Wednesday.

Below are some pictures from the matches.

My red USA tennis outfit

My red USA tennis outfit from behind

Me and my singles opponent with our coaches

Aaron and me in matching mixed doubles clothes


Aaron and me warming up for our mixed doubles match

We won!!! 6-2. 6-1

We were so happy we won that we had to let everyone know on the dry erase board at the hotel lobby! :)


After the matches, we headed back to the hotel for dinner. There was also an ice cream/dessert party for all the athletes and their parents/friends at the hotel so I attended the party. Then I was off to bed.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jenny and Aaron. Good luck in the quarterfinals!!!!

    ReplyDelete